Hey my darlings, this weekend marked the 6 months anniversary of All About The Scrub Life. This journey has been an amazing experience thus far and I look forward to seeing where the next few months takes us. Once again I want to express my sincerest gratitude to all my supporters. This which was once a dream is now a reality.
In the short time that I have been a blogger, I’ve had the opportunity of connecting with so many bloggers whether on a small or large scale, anyways to my surprise almost a month ago I received a message from one of my blogging sister Ashleigh over at thesilencedwoman saying that she nominated me for a sunshine blogging award (raeeeeeeeeee) I was super excited and I immediately messaged one of my blogging friends/ fellow island gal to tell her the news, to which she said it was something special and I should do it. As usual life always gets the better of me and I kept putting it off. I am truly elated to accept this award. Truth be told I can’t recall being nominated for anything in recent times, so this is major for me ( praise dances).
You may be wondering what is the sunshine blogging award, at first I didn’t know either but I can recall seeing it on my timeline. It is basically an award that aids in getting small bloggers recognition from other small bloggers, after all we must stick together and help each other climb to the top, there’s plenty of room for us all at the top.
These are some questions that I’ve been asked, this will also be a great opportunity to get to know a bit more about me.
1. When and Why did you start your blog?
I started All About The Scrub Life about 6 months ago with hopes of finding a tribe to help motivate me on my journey to becoming a nurse as well as to be of help to my fellow nursing students and healthcare professionals and to empower millenials students and professionals to reach for the stars.
2. Tell us a story from your first love.
Hmmmm this is a bit hard lol, I’d like to think my person now is my first true love(if I’m being real) but there’s always a debate about who’s the true Gemini out of us and there’s always an argument about who’s the biggest Marvel fan, corny I know lol.
3. What is your dream house? Tell us the details.
My dream house idea changes ever so often. I know I want at least 6 or 7 bedrooms with maybe 7 1/2 bathrooms. I want an office space and a library and I want a kitchen with an Island. Now I’m typing this I’m getting more ideas lol.
4. How did you settle on your niche or aesthetic on your blog?
I’m currently pursuing a Nursing degree so talking about my experience comes natural but it’s still an every day battle.
5. What is your college Alma Mater, your degree, and career? (If you do not have any, talk about your job/ dream job).
I have a degree in business Administration (ABIIT) and also Liberal arts (BMCC). I’m currently pursuing my Bachelor’s in Nursing degree and my dream job is to be either a Nurse practitioner or Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist. And I would like to open a state of the art nursing home in my country.
6. What is your passion? The one activity that you eat, sleep, and breathe.
Helping others, I would drop everything just to help someone and bring happiness and comfort. On a lighter note watching TV shows is what I eat, sleep and breathe in my spare time lol
7. Share your favorite recipe.
We’ll be here all day lol.
8. What tv shows are you watching right now or what do you binge watch on Netflix?
Oh my gosh I watch almost every TV show but check out my blog post fall TV is back To see what I’m currently watching.
9. Do you have a family/relationship/kids/fur babies? Tell us about them.
I have 4 sisters whom I love dearly, 2 nieces and a nephew, I am currently in a relationship and I have no fur babies.
10. What are the first 3 things you would grab from a house fire?
Cell phone, car keys and passport.
11. What are the top 5 most played songs on your playlist.
All night- Beyonce
The Weekend- SZA
Love- Kendrick Lamar
Unconditional- Tessane Chin
Fever- Vybz Kartel
Now I’m nominating:
Thanks again for Nominating me Ashleigh.
Now guys, here is what you have to do:
1.Thank the person who nominated you with a link back to their blog
2. Answer my 11 questions (below)
3. Nominate 11 more and let them know and provide your own 11 questions
Here are my 11 questions:
- What drove you to start blogging?
- What is the most exciting thing about blogging?
- What is your dream job?
- Tell us your top 3 guilty pleasures?
- One of the most exciting things that has happened to you ?
- Where/ what would be your dream vacation?
- So far, what has been your greatest achievement
- Tell us of your dream house, all the details?
- What are you most passionate about
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years ?
- Tell us about your spear time, what do you do?