As you know I celebrated my twenty-eighth birthday about 2 weeks ago and I feel like I’ve been winging my last couple years in my 20’s. Like I mentioned in my birthday post Year Ventiocho , my goal is to be fully at peace and to be more in tuned with myself. I had plans of sharing things I learnt over the last year, but then my blogger sista over at Passionate Woman started a challenge where you write about fun facts, lessons and confessions about yourself so I thought why not kill two birds with one stone. So here goes.
- I was born in Northampton, England but grew up on the beautiful Caribbean Island of Antigua.
- Pepperoni pizza is my absolute favorite thing to eat.
- When I love and care about someone, I go above and beyond for them ALWAYS.
- My middle name Kylie came from the Australian singer Kylie Minogue.
- I get most of my work done with music or the tv on in the background.
- I love to read and watch T.V (2 of my hobbies).
- I once represented my country (Antigua) playing netball for the under 16 natoinal team.
- I cut and colored my hair and now I’m feeling like a new woman!
- I have become obsessed with journaling.
- I used to be the life of the party, now I’m becoming the grandma of the party ( a girl gotta get her beauty sleep lol).
11. I am a very nice and giving person which is a good thing but 80% of the time my niceness gets me in trouble.
12. If I would stop being lazy and stop procastinating, I would accomplish a lot more.
13. I am a super emotional person. I cry for almost everything whether it be happy or sad, shoot I cry watching my favorite T.V shows or reading a book just because.
14. I used to buy people’s friendship, not so much with money but by doing things to please them; that wasn’t what I stood for.
15. I use to get teased about my “big lips” when I was growing up that I became super insecure and would try to hide them.
16. I have gotten so caught up with helping others that I end up forgetting to take care of me, It is ok to take care of yourself first before taking care of others. One of my favorite scripture that I’ve been trying to follow more is Matthew 7:3-5
17. Some people just aren’t good for you even when you want them to be. Beware of people like that.
18. I can’t keep living to please others. I’ve had to learn this the hard way on numerous occasions, I am still learning to put myself first and do what’s best for me.
19. It’s ok to follow your dreams even though others may not support, once you believe in yourself that’s all that really matters.
20. I learned very recent believe it or not that consistency and discipline goes a very long way.
21. It’s ok to grow apart from some people, even those who you’ve known for most of your life. Life goes on and some people just don’t deserve to be in that chapter of your life. As the saying goes “Some people come into your life for a reason, season or lifetime” it is up to you to figure out which friends fit into which category.
22. I am unique and Slaying in my lane is much better than trying to be in competition with others.
23. Be more appreciative of the people in your life, the ones who genuniely love and care about you.
24. Manifestation, meditation, and journaling has made me become more in tuned with myself- Proof that
25. Being in tuned, at peace and genuinely loving yourself is important. Happiness comes from within and no one should have control over that (still learning).
26. The journey to my ultimate goal may not be the same as others but everyone’s path is different. I may take an alternate route to achieving my goals but best believe I’ll get there.
27. Learning and growing is all apart of life. Keep learning and growing, you’ll be amazed by how much you really don’t know.
28. What is for you will ALWAYS be for you, remember nothing happens before it’s time.
I am still learning many things along the way, I hope I can learn more and get a grasp on life as the days go by.
Are you guys winging life right now, or you have it all figured out? Leave a comment below let’s discuss, I’m curious to know how you guys are handling life.