My favorite time of the year is here!!! As you guys know I’m a self proclaimed TV junkie, I watch almost every show there is. I itch when it’s summer and I don’t have much shows to watch, it’s like my drug has ran out. It seems like summer is planning on sticking around a little longer than it should this time around. Summer is like that ex that just won’t leave you alone no matter what. Anyway, as is customary I created a list of my favorite TV shows I’m looking forward to returning and the new ones I’m interested in. I struggle with time management but somehow when it comes to my TV shows I find the time. This time around might be somewhat challenging as I have even more on my plate but hey that’s what you have DVR and on Demand for so I’ll be able to keep up with my shows, yes I am that committed lol. Take a look at the list below. I hope some are shows you already watch, or are interested in or will watch after seeing my list.
- The Good Doctor: Season 2 premieres on September 24th at 10pm on ABC. This was a show last year that I was interested in and it became my number 1 show of last fall TV season and one that I’m highly anticipating this fall.
- This Is Us: Season 3 premieres on September 25th at 9pm on NBC. Grab your Kleenex, I can guarantee we’ll shed a tear or two every episode this upcoming season.
- Grey’s Anatomy: Season 15 premieres on September 27th at 8pm on ABC. I’ve been a fan ever since season 1 and to see this show still here 15 years later is just amazing. I can’t wait to see which doctor hooks up with who next all while being extraordinary in the OR.
- How To Get Away With Murder: Season 5 premieres on September 27th at 10pm on ABC. It’s always a joy seeing the great Viola Davis play the heck out of the role of Annalise Keaton.
- Chicago Med, Chicago PD and Chicago Fire: season 4, 6 and 7 premieres on September 26th 8pm, 9pm and 10pm on NBC. I’m a fan of Dick Wolf and I like what NBC are trying to do by making the three shows be the One Chicago night on NBC; This is giving me TGIT tease and I’m here for it.
- Law and Order SVU: Season 20 premieres September 27th at 9pm on NBC. Can you believe our favorite show to watch when we have an off day is now in season 20?! I remember when I first started watching SVU at around age 11 and I used to be scared of the “Duh Dun” sound lol now many seasons later and I’m still rocking with the squad.
- Blue Bloods: Season 9 premieres on September 28th at 10pm on CBS. I have a huge crush on Tom Selleck( don’t judge me) so of course I’m going to watch anything that he’s in and it doesn’t hurt that the show is really good.
- Hawaii Five-O: Season 9 premieres September 28th at 9pm on CBS. This is a remake of the original show and it is such a great feel good show with just the right amount of action.
- Station 19: Season 2 premieres October 4th at 9pm on ABC. This Shonda Rhimes show turned out to be better than I expected so I’m eager to see where season 2 goes.
- Lethal Weapon: Season 3 premieres September 25th at 9pm on FOX. I love this series but I’m a bit curious to see how this season goes since they were some controversy with the firing of one of the main stars.
- Madam Secretary: Season 5 will premiere on October 7th at 10pm CBS.
- Supergirl: season 4 premieres October 14th at 8pm on the CW.
- Arrow: Season 7 premieres October 15th at 8pm on the CW.
- The Flash: Season 5 premieres on October 9th on the CW.
- Black lightning: Season 2 premieres October 9th at 9pm on the CW.
- 9-1-1: Season 2 premieres September 23rd and 24th at 8pm on FOX. The regular time for this show will be Mondays at 9pm. Anything Queen Angela Bassett is in will always be great and this show is no different. This ensemble cast is amazing.
- The Resident: Season 2 premieres September 30th at 9:30 pm on FOX. While I don’t always agree with how they go about portraying doctors and nurses, I have to remember this isn’t real. This show is another one of my guilty pleasures.
- Black-ish: Season 5 premieres October 16th at 9pm on ABC. The end of last season had me all up in my feelings so I’m waiting patiently to see how the new season unfolds.
- God Friended Me– NEW SHOW. Premieres September 30th 8:30 on CBS. then the following week and duration of the season, the start time will be at 8pm.
- Manifest: NEW SHOW! Premieres September 24th at 10pm on NBC.
- New Amsterdam: NEW SHOW! Premieres September 25th at 10pm on NBC.
- REL: NEW SHOW! Premieres September 30th at 9:30pm on FOX.
- The Rookie: NEW SHOW! Premieres October 16rg at 10pm on ABC.
- Greenleaf: Season 3 premiered August 28th and 29th. You can catch Lady May and the rest of the dysfunctional Greenleaf family every Wednesdays on OWN at 10pm. I’d like to add here that I’ve been OWN’s number one supporter from since they made their debut on January, 1st 2011 to now. Just thought you guys should know lol. My loyalty runs deep okurrr.
- House of Cards: The fifth and final season premieres November 2nd on Netflix. Though this isn’t usually part of the Fall TV lineup, it is being premiered this fall and I’m curious to see how things go with Claire being the head and Frank is no more.
Some shows got left off my list because they’re no longer being premiered in the fall but will be midseason around January and the Spring time. Others got left off simply because I’m not caught up and I can’t find the time to commit to them right now.
Let me know what are some of your favorite shows and which shows you’re mostly looking forward to this season. Leave a comment below let’s chat.