The holiday season is one of my favorite times of the year! We have all been dealing with the effects of the pandemic and could use a sprinkle of holiday joy. Since Christmas is right around the corner, what better time to binge-watch old Christmas movies. I love the feeling of sweet nostalgia, being bundled up under my blanket on my couch. It’s the simple things that heighten my joy during this season. In today’s blog post, I’ll be sharing my favorite holiday movies!
If you’re looking for family films, old classics, or holiday films, there’s something here for you! This curated list of holiday movies will forever be a staple in my watch list.
- Home Alone Sequel – starring Macaulay Culkin as Kevin McCallister. This holiday classic involves the McCallister clan celebrating their Christmas in Paris, forgetting Kevin, which forced him to defend himself against robbers.
- Dr. Seuss’ How The Grinch Stole Christmas – 🎶 You’re a mean one. You really are a heel. You’re as cuddly as a cactus. You’re as charming as an eel. Mr. Grinch, you’re a bad banana 🎶 The Grinch is an all-time holiday favorite.
- The Polar Express – The film tells the story of a young boy who, on Christmas Eve, sees a mysterious train bound for the North Pole stop outside his window and is invited aboard by its conductor. The boy joins several other children as they embark on a journey to visit Santa Claus, preparing for Christmas.
- A Charlie Brown Christmas- Charlie Brown finds himself feeling sad during the Christmas season. Linus shared with Charlie Brown the true meaning of Christmas, which cheers him up.
- A Christmas Story – As Christmas is approaching, 9-year-old Ralphie wants only one thing, and that’s a Red Ryder Range 200 Shot BB gun.
- This Christmas – starring Regina King, Idris Elba, Lauren London, Loretta Devina, Chris Brown. It is a Christmas story that tells the story of the Whitfield family, whose eldest has come home for the first time in four years.
List of other Christmas Movies you should watch!
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- The Santa Claus
- Love Actually
- A Christmas Carol
- Mickey’s Christmas Carol
- Miracle On 34th Street
- I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
- Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmas
- I’ll Be Home For Christmas
- Jack Frost
- Santa Clause Is Coming To Town
- The Holiday
- Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer
- Christmas Carol
- Arthur Christmas
- Father Christmas
These are some of my favorite movies to watch during this season. I hope you find some time to watch at least two feel good holiday movies this time around.
Have you seen any of the movies I mentioned? Let me know what are your favorite Christmas movies below in the comments!